G2 Ergonomics - KTM - Dirt Tamer Throttle Tube
The G2 Dirt Tamer Throttle Tube for KTM incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The “pulley”, or as we call it, “cam” pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved. For most models the Throttle Tamer includes a 400 style cam profile, but some will have alternative cam profiles. The cam proven to be the best all-round solution for each model is used.
The G2 Dirt Tamer Throttle Tube has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This slightly longer pull makes a HUGE difference in control as the power is rolled on and the rider searches for traction. The radius increases or “ramps up” after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation requires to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation.
G2 cams are interchangeable! You are never “stuck” with a ratio that is not correct for your skill or track condition! You can always go back to the stock ratio, quicker, or for most models several different progressive control ratios! Cams may be ordered separately, or consider the G2 Throttle Cam System that includes a tube and three cams – 100 (stock), 200 (10% smaller & progressive) and 400 (20% smaller & progressive).
G2 Key Points:
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA!
- Cams for most 2016 and newer models (with gray throttle housing) are machined from Delrin!
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel.
- Included cam ratio varies per model based on best suggested ratio for the machine’s power characteristics.
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables.
- Slide your grip unto the included Throttle Tube.
- Removable end cap for simple handguard installation.
- Installs in minutes!
**Please input your year & model to ensure correct fitment!